February 28, 2012

Cheese Results

The first Pollo Loco Homestead try at hard cheese was a success!

The caerphilly has a nice, slightly sharp, cheddar flavor. Everyone tried some tonight with dinner. My sixteen year old, the cheese connoisseur, aka Sassafras, loved it, so I guess I did good:



Here is the finished Caerphilly:



To see how to make it, go here.

Just two and half weeks aging time. It turned out really well, despite some mold issues early on and it is a bit dry. But I will fix those issues for next time, because I now have my very own cheese cave.  In my urban basement. I will post more on that later.
                                                                                                                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Mel your cheese looks GREAT! I'll have to put that on my list of cheeses to try when the girls freshen again...

    ReplyDelete