January 27, 2012

Cock a Doodle Doo!

Thought you might enjoy an end of week rooster crow:


It is dark...sorry, this was recorded about 6am one morning last week. We live in the NORTH, it is dark here in the winter.

You don't need to see to hear him.

It is a myth that they crow only when the sun comes up. They crow all day. They crow in the evening. Over and over again they crow.

I am surprised my neighbors have not complained.

But we have a plan for Coco the crowing cockerel.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I recently advised a prospective chicken owner on this fact. When questioned why we don't have a rooster I replied that they crow. The person was under the illusion that they crowed to welcome the day. No, no, I told them, they crow when they get up, when they want to eat, when they find something good, when the ladies are out of line, when birds fly in the sky. ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ALL THE TIME! In fact, I just heard him crow as I sit here in my home office...

      Delete